Jobs at ATIV Software
Web Application Developer / Admin
We are looking for you, if you are the kind of person who likes to create, innovate, maintain a high level of integrity (and expects the same of others), bounce ideas around and see projects come to life.
You should have several years of experience in server administration, Unix, PHP, Apache and common web technologies.
We develop mobile applications for iPhone/iPad, Android, and Web for the largest medical and scientific conferences in the US. Attendees love the apps, our clients love our service and expertise, and best of all, our employees love working from anywhere in the world (provided they have internet access).
More information about us: http://ativsoftware.com
What type of work will I do?
You will be involved in all server related aspects within the company:
- Manage deployment, maintenance, troubleshooting, configuration & performance tuning of Apache
- Handling all Unix system design/admin, including clustering & setting up fault-tolerant web applications
- Manage all systems infrastructure and enhance current back-end systems for the apps
- Collaborate with development and marketing team to support web based applications, company website, and support implementation of web technologies
- Create design documentation
- Develop and perform unit and system tests to verify software has been accurately implemented and will meet user requirements
- Troubleshoot problems with software applications and implements and documents corrective actions
- Communicate with Customers/QA/CRM (Customer Relationship Managers)/Partners
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Some travel is required (we meet a minimum of once a year), more may be necessary
What skills and experiences do I need?
- Comfortable with SQL setup, administration & development
- Comfortable with advanced, SQL driven, PHP web applications
- Comfortable with AJAX / RESTful APIs
- Familiarity with other web application technologies / environments a plus (rails, node.js etc...), though not necessary
- Excellent verbal and written communication
We are looking for someone who is:
- Able to efficiently organize, plan, and prioritize tasks
- Willing and able to work independently with a varied work schedule, including evenings and weekends
- Motivated and enthusiastic to learn mobile technology
- Detail oriented with a desire to complete projects accurately and deliver high quality products on time
- Demonstrating initiative with a results orientation, while exhibiting strong drive and leadership skills
- Able to collect and analyze complex data and debug for errors
What should I expect?
- The highest level of integrity, quality, and environmental responsibility build the foundation of our business environment. We work hard to provide the best product and smoothest client experience.
- Our work environment is dynamic, entrepreneurial, and innovative. Creativity, focus, and self motivation are a must since we all work remotely (depending on client meetings or conferences to attend).
How do I apply?
Please note: This is a full-time position for applicants with their main address in CA, PA, or NC. This is not a contract position.
Include the first 2 digits of the square root of PI in your cover letter.
- Bachelor’s degree or greater with min 3.0 GPA in information technology, computer science or a related field of study
- 2-10 years experience working in web administration (e.g. IIS, Apache, etc.)
- Reliable high-speed Internet access required - daily meetings and client calls are conducted via Skype
Send the following to hr [at] ativsoftware.com in a single e-mail. (Incomplete entries will not be reviewed):
- Cover letter (email body)
- Resume as PDF attachment
- A description of your favorite web project you completed (include URL or screenshots)
- Letter of recommendation from previous employer (optional but recommended)