Virtual Office Manager
Do you want to take part in changing the world by giving scientists instant access to innovative research? By connecting the right people to work on breakthrough discoveries? All while working from home? We are looking for you if you are motivated by helping clients succeed and you value the unprecedented lifestyle the Internet enables. As our Office Manager, you are the initial contact for our prospective clients and the administrative contact for existing clients. As such you ensure everyone you interact with receives exceptional customer service. We rely on you to maintain a professional, welcoming, and legally compliant organization. This is a position for someone who has a passion for organization, is interested in mobile and virtual technologies, continuously exceeds expectations, and enjoys looking for ways to improve. “Mediocre” should be a term that makes you queasy and the “unknown” should drive you towards discovery rather than make you nervous. Our office is Skype, our customers are nonprofits, and our end-users are highly educated professionals. We are a high-tech company developing advanced desktop and mobile technologies for some of the largest conferences and meetings in the medical and scientific industry. Attendees and clients love our platform and that means: While you are enjoying a remote office from a mountain top, you helped save thousands of trees, reduced many tons of paper waste, and possibly connected scientists and doctors who are now working on the next breakthrough research.
About this Role
This is 100% remote work, where you will be partnering with the organization to support day-to-day administration tasks while participating in a variety of special projects as requested, including explorations of system or process improvements, new retention campaigns, and joint projects with marketing.
- You’ll be a team player with excellent communication skills and high emotional intelligence. You love building and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders around the business.
- You’re a quick learner and comfortable in a fast-paced and ambiguous environment.
- You’re always looking for new ways to make things more efficient and solving problems in scalable ways making sure things get done the smart way, not the hard way.
- You’ve got great attention to detail, are highly organized, and have great verbal and written communication skills. You’re comfortable building out all sorts of communications, from written communications to presentations.
- You’ve got experience working with, and being a trusted partner to, a leadership team, and you’re comfortable handling sensitive and confidential information. You’re happy to roll up your sleeves with any task towards the bigger picture, with no task being too small if it makes the team around you more effective.
We need this person to have:
- Initiative not waiting to be told what to do. A person who drives to seek out and solve problems who has a burning desire to improve things around them and do so to a high quality
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Business or equivalent; 3 - 5 years of work experience, specifically in an administrative/office management/business support role
Some of your responsibilities
Oversee and support all administrative duties in the office and ensure that the office is operating smoothly. Those responsibilities may include the following (but are not limited to):
- Organize new client contracts, create invoices (in QBO), and process client payments.
- Assisting with all HR procedures (hiring, onboarding, offboarding)
- Contribute to internal customer relationship management (CRM) database maintenance (we use Zoho CRM), upkeep and data entry
- Expense reporting
- General workflow management for the CEO (finding ways to streamline and lighten the workload)
- Updating and maintaining documentation on all your tasks
- Ensuring ATIV’s communication guidelines are followed across the organization
- Problem-solver that can identify improvements to current processes and has the confidence to bring these suggestions to the team
- Occasionally provide onsite support at client events
The following skill/talents sets are highly preferred
- Experience with using (or technology literate on similar platforms):
- Zoho (CRM and Campaigns)
- Asana (task management)
- WordPress websites
- Quickbooks Online (invoicing and payments)
- Stripe (payment processing software)
- Avalara (sales tax management software)
- Google Suite Apps (or MS Word and Excel)
- Ability to efficiently organize, plan, and prioritize tasks in order to manage and meet deadlines
- A proactive work ethic
- Attention to detail
- Take pride in your work products by producing quality results
- Excellent written communication skills
- An unparalleled ability to follow directions both written and verbal
- Exceptional customer service skills
- The competence to multitask
- The capability to maintain a level of confidentiality
- This position is Full Time and 100% remote
- Requires reliable high-speed internet access
- Eligible to work in the USA and a resident of one of these states: NC, NJ, NY, PA, or VA
- Includes 2 weeks of paid leave for your first year (and 3 weeks after your first year)
- Working set business hours on East coast time is preferred, but if you’re proficient with communicating and getting stuff done, then we’re flexible
- Salary range is $50,000 - $60,000 annually
- Willingness to travel up to 10% per year (and with that must be vaccinated, boosted, and stay up-to-date with all CDC recommendations regarding COVID-19, when able to do so reasonably)
How to apply
Send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org in a single e-mail (incomplete entries will not be reviewed):
- Cover letter as email body and include in cover letter:
- a spreadsheet formula: how would you combine the content from cell A2 and cell B2 in Excel and ensure there are no extra spaces at the end?
- Which job board did you find us on?
- Linkedin Profile URL
- Attach resume in PDF format only
- Optionally include:
- Sample of your writing skills in PDF format or link to web page
- Letter of recommendation from a past or current employer